Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Rainy running

Morning, happy Thursday!

I apologize for not getting to post last night, I got to Newport late, so I ate dinner late and after that I was pretty much done for the night.

During the afternoon I did a lot of snacking to curb my appetite because I knew dinner would be later. I started out with some edamame I picked up on my way home-

I didn’t add the salt, just the beans!

And ½ a bag of lightly salted soy crisps a while later.

We took one car over to the wake, so when I returned home to pick up my car I was hungry, but knew dinner was on my way, so I spoiled my appetite to avoid overeating, which, I know I would have if I had not and had a small cup of bean soup my mom had cooking.

When I got back to the apartment, it smelled amazing! Nick was cooking up his fantastic beer battered chicken, which he pretty much just pounds, dips in flour and then an amazing seasoning mix, and pan fries in olive oil and beer! On the side we blanched some broccoli, and he cooked up some spiced wild rice as well.

I ate all of my chicken and broccoli, but just about 2/3 of the rice- I was full!

This morning I woke up to a very rainy day. In one sense, it’s a GREAT day for the main event planned- shopping with my mom, but not so great for running. Instead of coming home and going on the treadmill, which I HATE, I compromised by going on a wet, short run instead.
Stats:
Time: 31:32
Miles: Somewhere around a 5k? I'm still pacing myself
Calories burned: 244

I showered, snacked on an apple on the way home, and now I'm here at the parents' house, waiting for my parents to arrive.

Then I’m going out to lunch with my mom, and doing some fun graduation/summer shopping up in Prov! Then it’s back over the bridges for one of my alltime favorite dishes this evening =)

I’ll keep you posted!

*Nick let me use his camera, but I have yet to find a way to upload the pics myself... so they'll be up later tonight!

No comments: