Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Thursday, May 7, 2009

10 minutes to blog

I've got 10 minutes to blog before Grey's Anatomy comes on. Ready, set... go!

So today was a great day shopping with my parents.
We stopped at the Picnic Basket in downtown 'gansett for lunch before we headed to prov. I had my favorite Ed-wich- Honey turkey, mozarella, lettuce, tomato, roasted red peppers and honey mustard toasted on basil foccacia. With a pickle and a diet iced tea, of course.

I had a coconut pop on the way up!


Shopping was fun, we had a lot of success finding Nick a present for graduation (my Mom put her fashion degree to good use), I got a few things myself- a new dress, some J Crew jeans that fit me perfectly, and some ramekins and a microplane grater at Crate & Barrel.

I was thirsty halfway through, so I had a fresh squeezed lemonade, that was perfect for quenching my parched mouth!

Later in the day I snacked on this bag of Glenny's Soy Crisps as well.

This held me until dinner, where I was excited to make one of my favorites- Shrimp Scampi. I made it just like it should be made- olive oil, lemon, white wine, garlic, a tad bit of butter, and some parsley with multigrain farfalle. I used my microplane to finely shave some fresh parmesan cheese I got from Trader Joes (we stopped on the way home!).


It was a great day, lots of yummy food, and I'm thinking of finishing off with a little treat to end the night... there was talk of Frozen Yogurt, so I'll let you know what happens with that!

Tomorrow I'm trying out a new yoga studio, we're doing some pet shopping and I have my last exam of sophomore year! I'll post when I can!

2 comments:

Erica said...

Oo, which yoga studio? Well, I'm sure I'll just have to wait til your next post to find out, haha.

Anonymous said...

That shrimp scampi looks delicious!!!! :)