My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Working pains

So the first night went well! Aside from my super achy back and numb toes, I think my first night was a success =)
It was HARD work though, I was there almost 8 hours! Everyone seems nice though, so I think it will be a good place to work.

As for food, I didn't get a snack as planned! Before I left I had a big bowl of my delicious home made Turkey Chili (see recipes page!) topped with some reduced fat cheddar and a piece of organic multigrain loaf with a dab of Earth Balance.

Luckily, this delicious nutrient-packed meal held me over a whopping 6 hours! And when I did get hungry, I didn't have time for a break... but I did have half a leftover fresh-from-the-oven dinner roll and two goldfish from the bar (the cracker kind). The roll? Totally worth it. The goldfish? Eh, not so much.

When I got home, all I wanted was a nice cup of Maine Blueberry Frozen Yogurt. Mmm... hit the spot.

Unfortunately, I am morning the loss of my nose stud... I had to take it off for work, couldn't get it back in after, and now, sadly the hole is closed and I am piercing-less. Well, at least on my face. Ah, well I guess I'll have to get a new tattoo to make up for it ;)

This morning I woke up at 7am on the dot, which is a surprise because I was EXHAUSTED from the night before. My stomach was grumbling and a little acid-y... so I had the one thing that always makes me feel better- poached eggs! I poached two small eggies and put them atop a Matthew's 100% whole wheat english muffin, with 1/2 a banana and some strawberries on the side.

It hit the spot! After eating and reading for a bit (I'm delving into French Women for All Seasons, the sequel to French Women Don't Get Fat!) I fell back asleep for another glorious hour and a half, and then finally got up.
I had half a banana bran muffin for a snack-

and then convinced Nick to go running with me! We ran down to the Cliff Walk and back, a little more than a 25 minute run. Nick did great staying with me the whole way down, then began to hate me as we had to run back UP the hill we ran down. Whoops. At least he's still speaking to me. hehe

Time: 26:43
Miles: ~3
Calories Burned: 161

Back home, I showered and then cooked up the rest of the chili, which I topped with about 1/8 an avocado and some reduced fat cheddar. It was perfect for lunch, I'm also snacking on an orange on the way to the store, where I have to buy a new appliance for a mother's day surprise!

We're going out to eat with my mom later, so I'll post afterwards!

No comments: