Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Friday, August 28, 2009

Bad blogger... again!

I've been a bad blogger yet again... I definitely deserve the bad blogger award right now- it's been a whole day since I posted and you guys are waaaayy behind... 
But I've been busy. It's my last day here with Nick and I'll be back to posting regularly soon. 

That being said, I've been livin' it up (maybe a little too much...) before starting Body For Life on Sunday. So here's how I've been eating and indulging... 

Wednesday night we got home from Canada, napped and really just wanted a relaxing evening. So we went out- the classic dinner-and-a-movie date. 

We ate at Kabuki, which I've mentioned before... and I absolutely love their take on japanese/asian cuisine! SO delicious!

We started with the obligatory HUGE calamari with sweet and spicy chili sauces...
Then we ordered some maki to share. Salmon, Tuna and Yellowtail spicy rolls (I ate 7 pieces of these)
And my alltime Kabuki favorite, the (not-so) angry dragon...  (I ate 3 pieces, plus the tail!)
Of course we had to go for dessert... the Exotic Bomba! 
3 types of tropical gelato in a white chocolate shell drizzled with chocolate and topped with a dollop of whipped cream... heaven. freal. 

And then we went to go see Julie & Julia!! I read the book about a year ago, loved it and was so excited to see it! Nick was hesitant to go see a "chick movie" but he ended up liking it (and I'll admit he said he could relate to Eric, Julie's husband! lol). We laughed and smiled throughout the movie. The perfect movie for the food blogger/chef-to-be and her boyfriend =) 

We were up late so we slept in pretty late on Thursday morning. 
I had some chobani with fruit (bananas and blueberries) and slivered almonds for breakfast... 
Then I proceeded to go on a quite painful 30-minute run. On top of my achy food stupid me didn't drink enough water and I got dizzy halfway through and had to walk for two minutes! At least I got out there, I guess. I came home and made Nick breakfast (garlic and herb french omelette with grated fresh parmesan, toast with maple butter and grapes) and hung out for a while before getting going. I snacked on some unpictured grapes as well. 

We met up with a friend a couple hours later to grab lunch at Pick Pockets and then go play mini golf and go karts!! We had an awesome time, and lunch was great- I got the Chicken Pick Pocket, which is eggplant, roasted red peppers, fresh mozarella, chicken and balsamic viniagrette all wrapped up. I devoured it! 
We did some window shopping around town and grabbed a gift for my best friend Danielle who's birthday is next week- she had her party last night so we had to grab a quick dinner before heading to her house. We grabbed calzones from Pier Pizza- I got the "Broadway" which consisted of chicken, mozarella, broccoli, onions and honey mustard. Sounds kinda weird, but it was AMAZING I promise!!
I ate half and saved the other half for today's lunch!

We went to Danielle's and had some strawberry cake... 
Happy early birthday Tira!!! <3 

Stayed up a bit late, woke up a bit late, but had a deeelicious breakfast... Crazy Burger- what else?!?!
I got an omelette with steamed spinach, sauteed mushrooms and goat cheese, plus homefries (because theirs are SO damn good, and NOT greasy at all!) and brioche, and fresh squeeze mango grapefruit juice. I drank all the juice, and ate 3/4 of the omelette, 3/4 of the homefries and left the toast. It was amazing and totally worth it!! 

Now we're hanging around, a possible shopping trip later this afternoon, and then I'm making dinner this evening! Have a great day!

xo
K

1 comment:

Janetha @ meals + moves said...

holy moly that sushi looks awesome. and the calamari! yum. live it up with nick, you deserve some time with him, forget about the blog for a few days, it is good for ya :) xo!