Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Calm & Collected... for now.

I'm having a bit of trouble uploading pictures...
I've been attempting them, I promise! They're just sidekick photos, but they're a bit of a picture of what I'm eating =)

I had a late lunch, so I wasn't planning on a snack in the afternoon; but I got super hungry around 3:30/3:45, so I grabbed 6 apricots (1.5 oz, 100 kcals) to hold me until dinner with Danielle and Tyler at 5:15!

I had a great dinner! The company was the best part; I haven't seen Tyler in over a month, so it was great to catch up! And I haven't seen Miss Tira in a few days as well, so it's always good to see her =)

Dinner was yummy, and I tried to make it pretty healthy. I had 1 piece of lemon-pepper fish, which was lightly breaded, drizzled with some fresh lemon. I want to say this was probably only a 3-4 oz piece, because it was large but very thin. Maybe 200 kcals for this in total?
Along with this I grabbed a baked sweet potato, which was HUGE so I only ate half- about another 200 kcals. I also had about
.75 to 1 cup of "canton stir fry vegetables"... which I believe were fried in oil... but they were a "healthy" option... maybe 200 kcals, because it was veggies.
I'm estimating this dinner to be about 600 kcals. Not too bad, for dining hall food... and pretty balanced!
I didn't feel so full afterwards though, I always eat too little when I eat dinner at the hall, for fear of unknown fat and calories... not good! I'm definately going to have to save dining hall eating for special occasions.

After dinner, I got a special ride to Yoga from my AMAZING mother... Seriously, I don't know how to explain how awesome she's been. She knows I get nervous walking in the dark, and she agreed to bring me to Yoga tonight, and she even waited for me when the class went 15 minutes over! I can't thank her enough, the tea I brought her tonight just will not suffice. I guess I've gotta get her a damn good present for her birthday next wednesday =)

Needless to say, yoga was incredible- as always. I absolutely love Kundalini with Margaret... she's amazing, and I felt like I got both a really good workout, and a great relaxation... all in 90 minutes.
I can't wait to go again in 2 weeks! (Mom's birthday is next Wednesday, so I'll be stuffing my face at The Mews during class! hehe)

I came home, snacked on a Wallaby Yogurt- Pineapple coconut (sorry, yoga makes me ravenous... no picture here!) for 130 kcal, and now I'm going to settle down to bed... I've got a busy busy day tomorrow!

Early run, breakfast, Class 9:30-10:45, lunch afterwards, and then Chem 12:30-1:45, Chem lab 2-4:45... 4 hours of chemistry in a row! Yikes! How will I make it?? haha

Goodnight...


(Total days calories... totally estimated ~1925 kcal... A lot for someone my size, but I am en route to gaining a few pounds so I'm in a good range. (Goal for this month/next month... until I gain 5lbs is between 1800 and 2200 calories per day. Usually it's between 1600 and 1700.)

No comments: