Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Whew... good to be back.

I have never been so happy to be back in my dorm, alone, to relax... just for a bit.
I have a LOT of work to do.

If today is any indication of how my Thursdays are going to be for the rest of the semester, I should officially declare thursdays "sleep day" and just not even go to class.
No, that would be bad. I'll go to class... but seriously, today was probably the most boring day of classes I have ever been to.
I got up early, ate 1/2 a banana for energy and went for a quick run, about 30 minutes, before getting ready and eating my breakfast.

I experimented with the satiating ability of greek yogurt +berries+almonds... it sure was yummy (1 0% fage, 1/2 cup blueberries and 1/4 cup almonds for 300 kcal) plus the other 1/2 of my banana (total ~120 kcal, big banana) and filling, but not for long.
I was very hungry by the time I went for lunch at 11... of course I was early getting there so I had to wait...




For lunch I devoured my favorite wrap from International Pockets... the baked falafel! It had hot sauce, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, banana peppers, tabbouleh, hummus, tahini, yogurt sauce, and some feta (plus the falafel) but I had the guy only use a bit (probably 2 tbsp) of each of the sauces and just a sprinkling of feta, so it wouldn't be overboard. It was so.freaking.good. I ended up taking off 1/2 the wrap (there were two layers) because I didn't need all the refined carbs (it's a white wrap... I should see if I can order it on whole wheat, I know they have them!) But I finished every last bite!
This is a hefty sandwich, HUGE as you can see, but it kept me full through my horribly boring chemistry class. A good amount of calories here... probably upwards of 700, but I need my fuel on Thursdays... I do a good bit of walking!





Chemistry is going to be horrible, I can already tell. The professor is awful, doesn't explain anything, speaks unclearly, his notes don't make sense and he doesn't even keep them up long enough to copy. Basically, I figure I'll be teaching myself.
The lab wasn't much better, but hopefully it will clarify some of the confusing points in class. My T.A. is nice, but he talks- a lot. Sooo... my safety lab, that took about 30 minutes last semester took two hours this semester. I'm predicting a longgggg Thursday from now on. =(
I guess I'll just have to stay on my toes! I'm VERY nervous about organic chem, it is NOT my strong point, but I'm planning on working hard at it... my goal is to get a solid grade, not just squeek by... this is a challenge, I know.

My only other problem for today was my lunch held me through chem... but I got RAVENOUS in the middle of chem lab! I had packed an apple in case I wanted it, but I wasn't feeling too hungry in between classes so I figured I'd be fine. Nope! Definately have to plan ahead next time and bring a snack to hold me over.

Right now I'm taking a break from the madness to have a nice big mug of sweet cinnamon spice tea to recover... from the day and the cold (it was snowing when I walked back!) then I'm in for a full night of studying, dishes... fun stuff! hehe

Time for an early dinner, like I said... I'm hungry!

No comments: