Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Quick oats

This morning I got up early, had 1/2 a large banana and headed for a short (35 minute) run before I got ready.

Last Thursday my small breakfast did NOT last me through until lunch, so today I decided to try a new approach: Oats!
I LOVE oats for their tastiness, versatility, nutrition and especially STAYING POWER!
I normally prefer the texture of regular oats as opposed to "quick" oats, but for time's sake I bought a big box of Quaker 1 minute oats for the dorm... they took 4 minutes to plump up in the microwave anyways, so I'm glad I bought the quick kind!
I prepared 1/2 cup quick oats with 1 cup low fat soy milk (together 210 kcal, 5 g fat) and added 10 g walnuts, 1 mini box of raisins and the other half of my banana.

Pre-mixed:


All mixed together:



Total breakfast calories (whole banana included): ~455 kcal

No comments: