Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Relaxing morning

Let me tell you, if every one of my Wednesday mornings are THIS relaxing, it is not going to be hard to get used to!
I woke up at 7:30, drank some water and took my vitamins, and snacked on 1/2 clif bar (~110 kcal, 3 g fat) before heading to the gym at 8 for a nice run. I ran around the track for 40 minutes, and then walked one lap (1/6 mile) and used my walk back as a cooldown. It was a great workout! I usually like to include some sort of an incline to my runs, but the track is MUCH better than the boring treadmill, and the walk down to Mackall field house is only 3 minutes (I timed it!) so even in the cold it's not too much of a trek.
I figure on days I'm not doing yoga I'll probably hop on either the ellipical or the bike as well, to mix up my cardio, or maybe some weights as well. I like this morning workout idea!

When I came back, I showered and am pretty much ready for the day... even though I still don't have class for another hour and a half! It's a bit of a hike across campus though (brrr...) so I'll leave early.
For breakfast I went with a college staple- no, not ramen, cereal!
I had 1 1/2 cups of Kashi Go Lean Honey Almond Flax (my new fave! It has a good amount of calories and fat, but it's all HEALTHY... completely whole grain, the almond and the flax add healthy fats, and the honey makes it sweet! Plus, it has 9 grams of protein!) ~300 kcal, 7 g fat
I had this with 1 cup Low-fat VitaSoy (60 kcal, 2 g fat) and a yummy red anjou pear. (85 kcal)



My whole breakfast, clif bar included, was ~555 kcal, 12 g fat
A lot, but it will keep me going for the morning I hope!

I also tried something new today- Folgers Coffee Singles. I have never tried "instant" coffee before, and I must admit, as a coffee lover I was a bit skeptical. This stuff wasn't too bad though! It's good for cool mornings when I want my warm caffeine fix without having to walk across campus in the opposite direction to get it! I did brew it for much longer than it said to though; I like my coffee STRONG! =)

No comments: