Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Weird Weather!

Well, this sure is some weird weather we're having in January today!
It's actually 50 degrees out, can you believe it? BUT it is soooo rainy and windy!
It started to DOWNPOUR while I was running on the track at the gym. I tried to ignore it, but the rain was hitting the windows so hard it was difficult not to think about the fact that I was going to have to venture out into it soon!
I had a great run though; I ran 6 miles at a pretty good pace- it took me 45 minutes exactly, which is good for not being in training per se.

Before I ran I repeated the good pre-run snack I tried on Monday; 1/2 a mini wheat bagel with 1/2 Tbsp PB and 1 tsp raspberry jam. Afterwards, I grabbed 1 cup 1% cottage cheese, a nectarine and the other half of the bagel/PB/jam combo.



Total breakfast calories: ~560 kcal

Not looking forward to heading out into the rain, but luccily I only have 1 class, so I can head out as soon as class is over to do a couple errands before going out to dinner tonight for mom's birthday!

If you're reading this mom, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! See you later tonight, have a great day at the preschool =)

3 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Kristin, I was one of the people on Jennas blog who is struggling with weight, restrictive eating, and my overall relationship with food. I just wanted to say that you seem to be doing really well based on your blog. Your meals are a good size, and although they are larger then mine, I feel like if i somewhat copied things that you ate, it may help me begin to get a better grip on things.
I dont work out as much as you, but I do try to get to the gym 4-5 days a week, usually only doing 15-30 minutes of cardio, and about 30 minutes of strength training. I just wanted to tell you that you seem to being doing really well, and I wish you all the best.

Anonymous said...

hey! i'm really enjoying your blog, and just like annie, i think you're really doing a good job with your health. i too am currently struggling with restrictive eating, and your blog is yet another that is quite helpful! it's interesting especially because you're a vegetarian, and so am i! you have some great meal ideas! best of luck :)

Kristin said...

Annie:
I sent you a response via email; let me know if you don't get it!

Courtney:
I'm glad you're enjoying it, thanks for the support!
I am a vegetarian; more specifically a pescetarian, I do eat fish 1-2 times a week.
It can be hard at times, but I find not eating meat has made me feel SO much better physically, and it had opened me up to so many new foods and flavors!
Keep reading, Good luck to you as well!