Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Achievements

Today was a day full of achievements! This morning I got inducted into a national honor society, so my family and I were invited to attend a big initiation brunch. The food wasn't bad, and there were veggie options- but it definately wasn't healthy! I tried to be smart about portions but not restrict my enjoyment of the array of choices. So, I sampled a bit of each of the vegetarian options; egg, cheese & spinach strata, roasted sweet and red potatoes, a mini cheese crepe with a bluberry topping and fruit salad. I ate just what was on my plate amd was satisfied with one helping. (Probably all the fat from the cheese...) After the brunch and ceremony, we said goodbye to my grandparents (they came to support me and brought me a starbucks card!) and I headed (where else?) to Starbucks to study!

It was quite a nice day, I enjoyed my little sunny spot even though I was slaving away at chemistry problems most of the time. Mid-study I munched on the snack I had packed- an apple and a small baggie of mixed nuts.

Before work, I felt like it was nice enough for an iced drink, so I ordered an iced unsweetened passion tea to go and worked the night away. It wasn't a bad night at work, a couple of mishaps but I was working with one of my favorite managers, so that was a plus. For dinner I reheated some leftover Vegan Mac n' Cheeze (about 1 1/2 cups) and had some broccolli (just about 2 cups) along with it. It was just as yummy as last night!

I finished work and when I got back to my dorm I knew exactly what I wanted as my after-work snack... the last of my vegan PB cookies and fruit! So I sliced up a kiwi quick, and enjoyed my sweets.
Now I'm just about ready for bed, but unfortunately I still have more to do tonight- school reading, lunch for tomorrow, unpacking (which I'll most likely put off until tomorrow)... I've only got more weeks here and I've accumulated SO MUCH... I had no idea how I'm going to get it all home! Ah, well- another problem for tomorrow. Time to finish off my night!

1 comment:

gc said...

Congrats Kristin! That's so neat your school has a brunch for that! Your kiwi looks fantastic, as does the mac n cheeze! Happy Monday!