Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Maybe, she thought...

Last night when I was writing down today's schedule (I'm a BIG planner, and very busy today!!) I contemplated my exercise routine. I didn't get to yoga as planned this week, with work/plans and all, but I have been keeping up with my running a moderate amount- the treadmill's ok but I long for some ground again. Yesterday was a pretty warm day, so I hoped maybe today would be the perfect day to try a nice run around my neighborhood. Deciding on this as my ideal plan, I went to bed.
This morning I woke up, and it's POURING. Another dreary New England day. Ah, well. I guess it's the treadmill again, and then making dinner for the fam/work in the afternoon (for the evening) and doing some quick errands before work until 9/10pm. Tonight's dinner post will definately be a late one!

For breakfast this morning after packing my mom's lunch for work (she gets a delish Tofurky sandwich with fruit, baby carrots and a luna teacake for a snack- plus a tiny piece of italian chocolate... my sister took more pasta salad she loved it so much!!)
I made myself my fave waffle sandwich- this time using 2 flaxplus waffles, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (pumping up the healthy fats!) and 1 GIGANTIC banana... I should have taken a pic of this baby before I sliced him- huge! Perfectly ripe, very good sandwiched between my waffles.





I've got some planning to do for tomorrow now... plans got messed up with trains, etc for NYC so unfortunately we're planning that for another day, and heading up to BOSTON instead tomorrow! Should still be fun, no vegan restaurants but some great vegetarian eats! (I'll scout out some vegan options while I'm there for all you vegans interested)
Off to my jam-packed day!
I can't believe we're halfway through the week! This vacation is NOT lasting long enough... it has been busy, but relaxing =)

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

aww, girl, I know what you're going through - the weather is SO depressing here, it practically makes me want to cry, haha. hopefully some sunshine is on its way soon!!

that waffle sandwich looks BEYOND amazing - love the combination!! yum!!

I'll be leaving for NYC tomorrow (Thursday) morning - have an INCREDIBLE time in Boston!!! :0D

Kristin said...

Have fun in NYC! I'm dissappointed I'm not going as well, but I'll be going sometime soon I'm sure!
Plus, I'm checking out a cool new restaurant in Boston with vegan options... we'll see how that goes! =)

Sara said...

way to go with the extra peanut butter. its all about more calories without increasing volume. its the most comfortable way to gain a little weight and then go back to eating a slightly smaller amount to maintain. Enjoy boston. its my favorite city and I have to say i'm a bit jealous!