Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Blueberry heaven!

Tonight's dessert was truely delectable! I made a quick blueberry crisp loosely based on The Happy Herbivore's Recipe. I used 1/4 cup raw sugar with 2.5 cups frozen blueberries, topped with just under 2/3 cup rolled oats, 1/3 cup wheat flour, and only 3 tbsp agave nectar-I used 2 tsp lemon juice for more liquid. It worked perfectly! In the oven at 400 for 12 minutes, and out as quick as it went in- into four serving dishes and topped with a small scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt! Yum!



Easy, fat-free, and vegan (the dessert, not my yogurt topping), as well as WHOLE GRAIN... and I even got a serving of fruit in there! How's that for nutritious and delicious?

1 comment:

Jeff Ferguson said...

Sounds great. I love blueberries and am going to make this tonite!