Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Going, Going, Going

Lately my days have seemed never ending. I find myself having to plan everything a week in advance- studying, meals, groceries... just to get everything done! I can already feel the stress of this last month of school starting to pile up. I am working a bit more, which is time consuming- but I definately need the money for Italy, not to mention food each week, etc, so that's my catch 22 right there, I can't complain too much. I already had to cancel my weekend hiking plans because I realized I have an upcoming chem exam I need to study for... AND I took extra hours at work this weekend! Juggling all of this, on top of searching for a decent place to live next year AND my focus on gaining weight is a whole lot to handle. I guess a good/bad part of the whole situation is I DO tend to eat more when I'm really stressed out. A bad habit I know, and I try not to succumb to too many cravings or at least moderate them- for health's sake . In my current case I'll just be focusing on making sure the extra snacking I do partake in is at least healthful for the most part, nutrient and energy (calorie) dense so I can use it as sort of a weight-gain tactic.

I had a pretty moderate lunch and dinner today, but my snacks were signifciantly more substantial than usual.
Lunch was packed and eaten while studying the chemistry of carbohydrates- 3 tbsp artichoke hummus on an ezekiel wrap stuffed with spinach, red bell pepper and brocco slaw. For sides I had a big green pear and some cucumber slices.


I snacked on a baggie of nuts and an apple while studying again later at Starbucks, and then grabbed a tall nonfat latte to take with me to work (dairy, a caffeine boost and more calories!)

For dinner at work I packed some more leftovers- a bit of quinoa salad, 1.5 servings of quorn roast with some mushroom gravy, and a baggie of carrots sticks.

My dinner was satisfying but not too big, so my sweet tooth struck about an hour later... I just HAD to dig into the little basket of easter eggs we have to share... I snagged a handful of about 12 that I enjoyed while fixing up the store- kept my mouth and taste buds busy!

Back home I had my usual nighttime snack of yogurt, this time with the rest of my fruit salad mixed in.

Mmm, creamy and fruity!


Night all!

2 comments:

gc said...

your fresh fruit and yogurt snack looks/sounds wonderful!

Anonymous said...

wow, what a night! snack looks yum (I seriously LOVE those cadbury eggs...haha looks like good "fuel" to me, that for sure!)