Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Pizza Night!

Sorry for the late post, I got back very late (or should I say early?) from my friend's house last night, but I'm home now and eager to share our fun creations!

By the time I headed over to Eric's house, a little later than planned, I was already quite hungry- as were Alex and Eric, who had just come back from hockey practice! So of course we began munching on pizza toppings... =)

When it came time to make the "dough" we decided to use the quick method, packaged 'individual' crusts (no trans fats, but they were white crust) that we found out actually had about 4 servings of grains in them! But I didn't stress out too much, they were yummy and it was worth it once in a while.
I fixed mine up with tons o' veggies! Some red sauce, mushrooms, green and red bell pepper, a big handful of part skim mozarella cheese and olives!

Here are my friends' creations:


It looks from the pictures like mine is much smaller than the others- thats just because I formed it smaller, and it had a thick crust instead of a thin crust! But mine is wayyy taller than the others- I piled it up, gotta love them phytochemicals!

We baked 'em for just under 20 minutes and they came out just crispy enough. Yum! Believe it or not, I ate this WHOLE THING!


After hanging out for a while, we were onto our next baking adventure of the night: Vegan cookies!

We made Dreena Burton's recipe for "You've got peanut butter in my chocolate cookies" from ED&BV and they were fantastic! We made them little (got about 22 out of the batch) and They kind of "puffed up" more than flattened out, so they were these little delectable round pb-chocolate balls that we immediately inhaled as soon as they came out of the oven! They were just as good hot as they were cooled down... I ended up having 4- yes, 4!! Two little itty bitty ones, and 2 "regular" sized ones (still pretty small) and enjoyed every bite. Of course we had extra cookies, Alex took a few and Eric isn't the biggest PB fan, so I took the rest to share with my family- I'm sure they'll appreciate it!

We settled down afterwards to watch a movie into the wee hours of the morning. I almost fell asleep there, but decided to head back home because we all needed to get up early. Altogether I had a great, fun night with friends and it was a great ending to my crazy, crazy day!

2 comments:

Nutritious is Delicious said...

How did you make your crusts/pizzas? They look great!

Kristin said...

Unfortunately we didn't have enough time to make our own crusts, so we just used prepackaged dough from the market but I have made my own home made whole wheat dough using a foccacia bread recipe! I have to search for it, but I'll try and find the recipe for you- it's really simple and yummy!