Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Monday, March 31, 2008

Unprepared

Generally, I pride myself in being a pretty organized, put-together person. I write down assignments, make lists (lots of to dos!) and always have a plan. This being said, for the most part I try and be prepared for anything. Growing up in New England, I have come to learn you always need to be prepared for it's classic quick-changing weather. I always pack a sweatshirt and an umbrella, just for this reason. Last night I planned out my day, packed my bag, and then decided I'd rather use my OTHER bag... so I switched my school and left this morning with my newly packed bag. Well, in the process of switching bags I switched all my books- but forgot to add my sweatshirt and umbrella. I should have realized walking outside into the dreary day that it was probably going to rain. But, I didn't think of it until I left my Kinesiology class and it was downpouring, and I realized I had on a wool coat, no hood, and no umbrella. Yikes!
What a wet day it was.

At least I prepared all my food the night before, so that turned out well!
I ate my lunch, soggy (me, not the lunch) in the cafe attached to the dining hall while reviewing some chemistry. I had a serving of Skinny Bitch's delicious Chick'n Salad, stuffed into a whole wheat pita (Bakers brand- nothing but wheat, yeast and salt!) with some carrots and a big apple. Filled me up well!


I snacked on a baggie of trail mix between classes:


When it came time for dinner, I definately needed something to warm me up!
So I cooked up a big bowl of low fat lentil soup (about 2 cups) with a side salad made of spinach, bell pepper and mushrooms drizzled with Annie's gingerly viniagrette. I also had a hunk of multigrain loaf I grabbed from my house- this was a 2-oz piece split in half with 1 tsp promise margarine. Very warming and filling!


Tonight I've got a whole list of to-dos, I just hope they don't take too long, I'm wiped and would love a good night's rest!