Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Friday, March 28, 2008

Wild and Wet

This morning was very different than my usual Friday mornings, it felt a bit wild! I woke up early and did about 25 minutes of strength training in before heading to my appointment in town. I had a little mishap in the process of getting there-as soon as I got down to my car I realized I had forgotten my ID and cell phone in my room (had my camera to photograph breakfast though, of course) so I had to drive back to my dorm, knock on windows to get someone to let me in, run and get my things, and head to the appoinment. I'm glad I left a few minutes early!
The procedures went well, and they were fairly quick, so that was a plus. I was abosolutely famished by the time they were over, so I quickly snacked on a nectarine as soon as I hopped in the car! For the rest of my breakfast I went to my favorite bagel/coffee shop down the street and had one of their home made whole wheat bagels topped with some lo-cal homemade veggie cream cheese. Yum! I also had a big cup of berry black tea, which went perfectly with the scrumptious bagel!


I got some studying down, and went on a quick grocery store trip for some parchment paper for the cookies I'm making later tonight with my friends- we're having a cooking/baking night, and making our own pizza and baking cookies! Should be a lot of fun!
I had class at 12, so I headed back to campus, went to class, and unfortunately during class it started to rain. HARD. And because I had left so early (when it was totally dry out) I was completely unprepared, and had to venture all the way back to my dorm with my purse, lunch bag, school bag AND shopping bags in the pouring rain! A wet, wild morning!

I was super hungry when I got back to my room, so I cooked up the last bit of my tofurkey roast, sliced it and put it between two pieces of Rudi's Organic honey sweet bread with broccoli slaw mixed with 2 tsp dijon nayonaise (WAY better than coleslaw, and adds tons of flavor!) and some spinach. I had a handful of baby carrots, and an appe to round out the meal.


NOW I'm finally full, and off to my chem exam review before getting my stuff ready to head back home for the weekend!
I might not get to post dinner tonight, but it'll be up tomorrow morning!
Have a great Friday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that does sound a little crazy..and wet for sure! I hate wet grocery bags, haha such a pain! Glad you made it, have fun tonight with the girls! I love baking night :)

Kristin said...

Me too! Tonight we're tryin' to make it a little healthier by using lots of veggies, and making vegan cookies! (But don't tell my friends, they don't know they're vegan!) hehe

Have a great weekend yourself!