Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, April 26, 2008

The best kind of pay

Currently, I am baking an extremely delicious pie (I already know it's delicious- I ate a GIANT spoonful of filling!) for my sister, as a "pay" for her helping me out last weekend. I'm so excited she chose a recipe I thought looked fantastic out of Eat, Drink and Be Vegan- Pumpkin Cheese Pie!
Filled with real pumpkin and swirled with vegan cream cheese, topped with a delectable layer of sugar... this one is going to be good, I can tell!
Here's a sneak peek oven pic for you:

While my pie was baking away, I had my treat for the night (besides the spoon/bowl licking I did of the pie filling)- I split another Alternative Baking Company Cookie with my Mom that we picked up while shopping today. This time, we chose the "Mac the Chip" variety. Oh my goodness it was just as good as the snickerdoodle! I heated mine up so the chocolate was warm and melty, and savored every last bite! A great treat for a great day.


Tomorrow looks like another busy day- I may or may not be doing another quick run in the morning; depending on the weather (it's supposed to rain). Otherwise, I'll be toting stuff back to school, studying and waiting for my sister to come home from the leadership convention she's at- the pumpkin pie is going to be an afternoon treat, because I have dinner plans with some friends from the dorm in the evening (they're cooking a big italian pasta dinner as a "good luck for finals" meal!)
And of course, some sleep is needed after this long weekend!
So my posts may be a bit weird, and my eating a bit off tomorrow (as it might be the next couple of weeks... finals make my schedule SUPER crazy!) but it's all in fun, I'll try to be as balanced as possible!

Mmm that pie smells SO good, I wish I could sneak a piece now! (I guess I already did! hehe)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can almost smell that pie from over here!

Kristin said...

Oh, I knew the smell was that good!!

Anonymous said...

you're doing great, keep it up!! yumm looks awesome!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Okay, now that IS the best means of pay - yum!!! Beats $$$ :0D

Haven't tried the 'mac the chip' flavor, but it sounds delish!

Good luck with your busy day tomorrow!

ChickPea said...

Yum! That pie looks so tasty!
I also might have to establish a "split a cookie with Mom" habit!

Kristin said...

Chickpea, I only share the BIG cookies with Mom (they say 2 servings!) the other's I'll finish myself =) hehe