Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Satisfied

We ended up doing the race; although it was pretty darn chilly, the rain held off and it went well. I beat my time yesterday- this race was a flat course, so I finished it almost a minute sooner in 21:11. It was a fast group though, those police officers are fit! The top finisher finished in 15:04, a 4:51 mile! Insane! But I was satisfied with my 6:49, thank you =)
After the race, I went straight for the oranges- my go-to after race snack. After downing a whole juicy orange, I turned around and realized they were giving out free samples of my absolute favorite ice cream- Brickleys, a local home made shop right around the corner from my house. Of course I couldn't refuse when I found out they were serving my favorite flavor as well - Cookie dough (ok, I have two favorite flavors, I can never choose- my other is Black Raspberry Chip!)!! The ice creams are always made fresh that day, with all natural ingredients- so although it is definately a treat, at least it's not so processed.
I enjoyed a big scoop, as my "reward" for racing two days in a row!!
My Dad ran this one with me, he did super well for not training too much lately. My mom thought it was a bit too cold- she cheered us on!

After we got home, I showered and got ready, tried on my new sundress that just came in the mail- it's bright green with big pretty flowers on it, I bought it to wear to my sister's Promotion ceremony in June (she's "graduating" junior high) and to Italy! So I was excited it came in. After my dress exictement, I made myself a quick lunch!

I threw together a big salad with a bunch of veggies we had in the house- some field greens, red pepper, mushrooms, and artichoke hearts topped with about a tablespoon of Organic Rosemary Garlic dressing (from Whole Foods, not sure the brand). I also had the last of my taquitos from last night, topped with some more "sour cream" and a few carrots, because I love that crunch!


Filled me up well, now I'm going to lug my stuff to campus before picking up my sister so we can enjoy her pumpkin pie treat before I have to return to the dorm for the night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh, enjoy the pie!! so nice of you to bake for your sister; looks great, I can't wait to hear how it tastes!!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

hooray for beating your time-record, in today's race!! that's fabulous!! :0)

enjoy that pie later - sounds so delicious!