Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Big breakfast

I woke up this morning super hungry! I'm not sure why, but I was ready to scarf down anything and everything I could find. I held off though, and decided to toast myself a big healthy hemp bagel, and spread it with 2 tbsp PB and 1 tbsp raspberry preserves. On the side I had a small peach and a small handful green grapes. Luckily, this was just enough and I was satisfied!

I wanted a big breakfast, anyways- after I run in a bit I'll be meeting my friend and we'll be out for the day, so I'm not sure what time I'll be eating meals today. I think we're going to Mexican for lunch, and then my friend wants us to meet up for ice cream afterwards... I guess this will be quite the splurge day! From there, who knows? Maybe I'll get Eric to let me cook him a healthy dinner!

I'll be back later for a recap, have a great Thursday- the end of the week is almost here!

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

With 20 grams of protein and 14 grams of fiber, that hemp bagel (along with the other components of your breakfast) will DEFINITELY keep you full for hours :0)

Enjoy your fun-filled Thursday!

Sara said...

hemp bagels are on my list for whole foods this weekend. What brand carries them?
By the way, I just tested HH's banana bread and chocolate chip cookies today. I saw you tested the cookies? What kind of chips did you use? I like these for a slightly less rich dessert (makes me feel like I can eat them more often), but I used carob chips and I'm not sure I like them. Let me know what you think here or on my blog. Thanks

Kristin said...

Veggiegirl,
They did hold me over, gotta love that hemp!

Sara,
The hemp bagels are called "Healthy Hemp" and are by French Meadow Bakery.
I can't wait to try HH's banana bread! I've got some bananas that are almost ready to be used!
I loved the cookies, I used the Tropical Source brand vegan chocolate chips. I like carob, but it is definatey a different taste than chocolate! Just look for something without any milk powder or milkfat, those are usually what make chocolate non-vegan!
I'm sure Lindsay also has some good suggestions, she always knows great brands.