Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Fun with friends

Spending days off with friends are always a delight! Today I spent the day with my good friend Eric, who I haven't seen in a while, so it was nice to catch up (he didn't even know I was leaving for Italy in a month!) and hang out.
I went for a quick 30 minute run in the morning, so we met around noontime, and headed to a mexican restaurant in town for lunch. I LOVE the burritos at El Fuego, but boy are they stuffed! Mine was filled with rice, veggies, black beans and a bit of cheese and served with some tortilla chips, homemade salsa and sour cream. I skipped the chips and sour cream, but ate all the delicious salsa and the burrito!

We finished pretty quick (it was so good!) and I was stuffed silly, but we stayed around and talked for a bit. Before we knew it it was time to meet up with my friend Danielle, who was babysitting and wanted to meet for ice cream. So we drove to meet her, and even though I was full I wanted a little treat, so I had a small black raspberry chip frozen yogurt. I ended up finishing the whole cup, because I was talking and taking bites in between, so I wasn't really eating very intuitively- I felt WAY too full afterwards. I guess we all have those "mindless eating" days.

We chatted with Danielle, but then it started to rain so she had to rush the baby she was watching, Max, back home (she had walked him in the stroller). We didn't know what to do, because we had planned on doing something outside and now it was raining! The only thing we could think of were the movies, because neither of us had been in a while, so we went over to the theatre and saw Iron Man, which I thought was pretty darn good for an action movie!

The movie got out late, and neither of us were in the mood to make the big dinner we had planned, because my other friend ended up not being able to join us, so it was just the two of us for the evening. We settled on a quick and easy meal because we were super hungry by this point! Eric doesn't have much of an exotic taste, so we went with a classic pasta meal- multigrain rotini with organic tomato basil sauce, I had some faux chicken pieces, and he had some chicken strips on his and we had some broccoli on the side. It was easy, filling and just enough after our food filled afternoon!

We hung out for a while longer, but I ended up getting tired and didn't want to drive home too late, so we parted and now I'm back at home, tired after a long day but it was definately a fun one!
When I got home, I was craving something so I decided to have another bluberry spelt muffin, just as a little snack and it was exactly what I was craving! Not the healthiest day ever, but I didn't do too bad. Tomorrow will be back to the usual routine!


Time to read some more of my great book and head to bed! Night all!

No comments: