Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Got my hopes up

I had my hopes set a bit too high this morning; I was all excited to go on my last long campus run, when lo and behold I woke up to the sound of rain pattering on my dorm room windows! I was quite disappointed to say the least. With the gym no longer an option, I settled on doing a good strength training routine in the room for about 35 minutes. I have to say, this was the most intense strength session I've done so far this year! It felt really good to get in abs, arms and legs- I felt totally refreshed and strengthened afterwards, which is always good! I guess I was energized for my run. so it carried into my strength session!
I've had a couple questions regarding my "dorm room workouts", so I'll try to post my routine soon. I don't have the time now though, I've got my big exam today!

Before my strength session, I needed some fuel so I had the other 1/2 of my last whole wheat mini bagel along with 1 tsp each almond butter and raspberry jam. Always powers me well!
After working out and showering, I had another delicious bowl of Vegan Swiss Oats, prepared the same as last time- 1/2 cup rolled oats with 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk, a small handful chopped walnuts and about 15 dried cherries with some cinnamon, soaked over night. This morning I added about 3 oz plain soy yogurt and a HUGE banana with a drizzle of agave nectar. Perfect, as expected!

All mushed together:

I'm off to do some last minute studying... I'm pretty nervous about this exam, but I know the material- I can't psych myself out.
Wish me luck, here it goes! I'll be back for lunch after =)

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Ahh, sorry that you couldn't go for a run :0( But hey, strength-training is FABULOUS; and it IS intense!! After my strength-training sessions, I always feel stronger (and exhausted, haha).

You'll ROCK that exam, girl!! Good luck!! :0)

Anonymous said...

good luck, you'll be great! Your swiss-oats look amazing!! mmm I'm dreaming of a bowl myself, too late this morning, but soon for sure~

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Aww, sorry about the rain. It's annoying when that happens! Sometimes I'm so pumped in the morning to go for a run, and so annoyed that the rain is getting in the way, that I'll go anyway... and get soaked! Ok, I'm strange, I know. Your decision to strength-train sounds like a much better idea!