Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Friday, May 9, 2008

Moved out

After breakfast, my morning was consumed with this:

Finishing packing!
I got hungry only a couple hours after breakfast, because it was small, and it had no grains- I definately need grains or more healthy fats for satiety! So, I had 1/2 a peanut butter clif bar to hold me until lunch.

My mom came and we loaded my big fridge BY OURSELVES (with a little help from my hallmate, Joe) into her van, and I checked out! Finally, out of the dorm and back into a real house. What a great feeling!
For lunch, we stopped by my favorite restaurant on campus- International Pockets for baked falafel pockets! I love these, they're my favorite lunch! Mine was stuffed with lettuce, tomato, onions, cucumbers, banana peppers, tabbouleh, hummus, tahini, hot sauce and a bit of feta on a whole wheat wrap. It was huge, but I devoured the entire thing, so delicious!

On our way out they gave us a small piece of baklava, on the house- another one of my favorites! A great mini treat =)

We stopped by the corner store and stocked up on a few items with my leftover dining dollars (oats, soy milk, amy's frozen pizzas, honest teas) and went to the grocery store to pick up a couple dinner items.
Finally, I'm back home and able to kick back and relax now that I'm finally moved out!

Tonight I'll be doing three of my favorite things to do when I have free time- cooking, baking and reading! Should be a nice low-key night. I'll be back later with my vegan feast!

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

My-oh-my, what a day!! You DEFINITELY deserve a low-key night - enjoy! :0)