Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Friday, May 9, 2008

Yuck.

That's pretty much how I feel right now, not too good.
Last night I had a lot of fun with my friends, we talked for hours and hours, and couldn't believe the semester was finally over.
Food-wise, I was planning on partaking in the junky-food festivities, but I had planned on more moderation than I ended up using. I definately went overboard with the junk, and my body's feeling it. For dinner we had calzones, and bought delicious brownies to have for dessert. I was feeling fine after my greek calzone and enjoyed my brownie fully, but then as the night went on I had more snacks (some chocolate covered raisins, yogurt pretzels, basically good food turned bad!) and we had planned on going out for frozen yogurt, only to find the place was closed, and ended up ordering ice cream instead. Although I only ate a little of all the snacks, it definately put me over the top. I probably should have stopped myself after dinner and dessert, realizing the consequences of such unhealthy eating!
I woke up this morning not feeling well at all, I'm sure it was a combo of my lack of sleep and bad food night last evening.
I couldn't run outside because it was raining again, but I'd definately like to get some exercise in today, so hopefully I'll be able to walk on the treadmill at home a little later for some light activity! (Of course I'm sure loading the car up with the rest of my stuff will be a bit of strength training as well!)

I wasn't hungry for a while, but a friend invited me to breakfast so we headed to the dining hall, hoping to find a healthy option for my last morning on campus. Unfortunately, I didn't find much! Cocoa puffs, white english muffins, scones, hash browns, and sausage was the basic spread, along with the option to make a Belgium Waffle or omelet. I went with the omelet, because I definately didn't want something big like a waffle with my stomach not feeling too well!
So, I ordered an egg white omelet, with some spinach, tomato, peppers and onion, and a little mozarella cheese. On the side I had some strawberries and a tiny d'anjou pear. It was a simple, healthy breakfast that was just what I needed on a yucky morning like this.

I'm hoping I'll feel better as the day goes on. I'm going to finish packing, clean up my room, and then my Mom is coming by around noon to help me load the rest of my stuff, and we're going to grab some lunch before heading home. I'm excited to do some vegan cooking and baking this evening, so I'll really hoping my appetite comes back before then!!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Ahh, please feel better, Kristin!!

Anonymous said...

not to worry, I totally know how you feel. Look at is a fun night with your friends, you'll be back on track in no time. Sorry you're not feeling in tip top shape, hope you feel better soon. Nonetheless, don't get too hung up on a not-so-perfect night, you've got such a healthy outlook 99% of the time that this is just one of those rare occasions that you can enjoy once in a while. All the best to a nice day of healthy eats and relaxing at home, feel better :)