Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Who needs meat?

Sometimes my veggie-filled lunches are just so darn good, I can't help but think; who needs meat? My plant-based meals are delicious, satisfying, healthy, and oh-so flavorful, nothing like a ham-n-cheese on white. Yuck. (Although I do enjoy a good tofurky/cheeze or avocado on wheat- with veggies of course!
There's so much you can do with vegetables, theres such a great variety of types, colors, ways of preparation... the possibilities are endless! So those are my veggie-musings of the day, for lunch I made myself a basic but ever-so satisfying veggie wrap slathered in 3 tbsp hummus and stuffed with some greens, 1/2 a red bell pepper and some cucumber slices. Yum! Simple and delicious. On the side I had even more veggies- some carrots and snow peas, as well as a big pear for some fruit (gotta have my fruit!)

I'm off to study at Starbucks before a long night at work. I hope I can be productive, I've just got today and tomorrow... and then Thursday is my big exam!

Have a great day, and good luck to all those others taking/studying for exams!

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

you got it, Kristin!! :0)