Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Bad blogger

So I'm pretty sure that 'excellent blogger' award should be taken away from me by now... late posts twice in a row! I apologize again, I was out late and far too tired to post when I got back! I promise I'll try to be a good blogger again up until I leave for Italy! Enough apologies. I'm sure you're more curious about my food!

Last night, my friend and I decided to walk up my street to the Blue Wave Pizza Cafe- I ordered a personal pizza with wheat crust (vegan, I asked), roasted vegetables (onions, eggplant, mushrooms), black olives, and no cheese. So it was vegan! Yum! When I got home I added a few pieces of FYH cheddar to 2 slices, and ate one plain. I was full enough from the three slices I left the last one for later, which I never ended up eating!


I did, however have a couple treats while watching the movie we rented- I had the BEST vegan ice cream I have ever tried! This was Sodelicious brand, Mocha Almond Fudge. YUM! I had 3 big scoops, and it was the perfect treat for a hot summer night. I also had a tiny starbucks chai tea chocolate as well.


I had a great night, and slept well- but I still woke up early to make my Dad a special father's day breakfast! He told me he wanted blueberry pancakes "dripping with butter"... so I made him vegan pancakes with hempmilk and fresh blueberries, dripping with earth balance, with a side of soysage! He loved them!

I'm not much of a pancake person, so I gave the rest of the batch to my mom, and made myself one of my favorite waffle sandwiches for my breakfast. It had the usual- 2 tbsp PB, a big banana, 1 tbsp real maple syrup in between 2 flaxplus waffles. Pefection, as always! I also had some yummy fresh raspberries on the side.

I'm about to go "give" my dad his father's day gift... so excited! I'll let you all know how it goes =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! I've never commented before but I've been keeping up with your blog for a few weeks now. We seem to have a lot in common, being runners, healthy eaters (with healthy appetites!) and college students. I really appreciate your blog, it sets a great example of intuitive, healthy eating and is quite inspirational! Keep up the great work, I'll definitely miss your posts when you're in italy!