Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Friday, June 13, 2008

New Foods, New reads

From lunch on today, my day was nonstop! I went to the grocery store to pick up some produce for the week, some more PB granola, and found a couple nice snacks to travel with in Italy- indvidual soymilks and granola packs! I also spent a good amount of time browsing at the bookstore. I decided to pick up "Souvenir" by Therese Fowler, a book I've heard rave reviews about so I'm very excited to read! I haven't read a bad book yet this year!

Before work, I grabbed a grande soy latte at Starbucks, and snacked on a big bag of grapes I packed.


Work went well, and quickly- just how I like it! I spent some time talking to one of my supervisors about the amazing yoga retreat she took last weekend- I'm so jealous, it sounded like a fantastic, relaxing time!
When I took my break for dinner, I heated up an Amy's meal I had defrosted- This was an Teriyaki Stirfry, which is a bunch of veggies (broccoli, peppers, mushrooms) and tofu over brown rice in a yummy teriyaki sauce. I also had some carrots on the side.

Even though this dinner was light and small (only around 350 calories!) it held me over very well for a few hours, and when I got home I had another breakfast cookie with some cherries. I was craving chocolate, so I went for the double chocolate chunk variety. Can't go wrong with dark chocolate and cherries!

I am heading to bed as soon as I press "publish post", because I have another early morning, long day at work. I work at 8am and have plans with a friend right after, so I'll try and post when I can! Unfortunately I will not have the time for any structured exercise, but I convinced my friend to walk up the street for dinner so at least I'll get a bit of activity in!
Off to bed, have a great weekend!

No comments: