Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Friday, June 13, 2008

Spicing up a favorite

It has been so long since I've had one of my favorite hummus/veggie wraps- I've just been trying so many new things here at home, I forgot how much I loved my easy, filling wraps!

Today I used a new kind of hummus- forty spices. I LOVED it! A great change, and a great blend of spices. Not too hot, but definately a nice spicy taste. I topped an ezekiel sprouted tortilla with 1/4 cup hummus, some spinach, cucumber, bell pepper, and a couple sliced salad turnips I bought at the farmers market (I love their sweet crunch) for a nice big healthy wrap. I also had a big pink lady apple on the side. This lunch was perfect- light and nutritious, yet totally satisfying.

I'm off to get ready for work early, because I'll be out doing some grocery shopping and bookstore browsing before I head to the store for the night. I'm so excited to pick out a new book- I'll probably finish one more before it's time to pick out some to bring with me for the trip to Italy. Any suggestions?

Have a great Friday!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Hm... I actually would like to see what others suggested :) not that I have a chance to run out and get anything. I'm leaving in the morning! I know I'll probably be absent from the blogosphere for a while so I hope that everything continues to be well with you Kristin, best of luck with packing for Italy, and I can't wait to play "catch-up" as soon as I can!

Kristin said...

Ohmigosh, tomorrow?? GOOD LUCK!! I can't wait to hear about your travels! It's less than two weeks for me now... I'm getting excited!