Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Rain date

I had originally planned on going to the beach with my sister and her friend today; no suck luck because of the yucky, rainy weather! So, we decided to make a rain date for the beach and head to the movies instead.

This morning I was still feeling kind of crappy, so I settled on walking inside for 30 minutes and doing a few strength exercises instead of running. I was glad I took it easy; my body definately needed a break.

My sister's friend Meghan got dropped off at our house, and the girls wanted pizza so we headed to one of our local pizzerias/bakeries, Colvittos. They got their pizza strips and I had one of my favorites- a big spinach pie! Spinach sauteed with olive oil, garlic and a few black olives stuffed in really yummy fluffy dough. Granted the dough was ALL white flour, it was quite tasty, full of veggies (and vegan!) so I enjoyed every bite.


We saw "The Love Guru", which I was not impressed with... not my kind of funny movie. But the girls laughed, so I guess it was a hit with the 14-year old crowd! Afterwards, my sister wanted to introduce Meghan to the wonders of Italian sweets... so of course, we went to gelato! I got peanut butter cup and coconut banana sorbetto. Mmm mmm good! Only a couple more days and I'll be eating real Italian Gelato! Yum!

No comments: