Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Friday, June 13, 2008

Sunmmer Cooldown

It is a lot cooler here in RI this morning than it was during the last week's heatwave! It's only about 60 degrees here, and although that is much chillier than I would have liked it to be in June, it's a refreshing sort of cooldown after all the hot humid weather.

This morning I had a filling breakfast of a toasted hemp bagel, with 2 tbsp PB, a tablespoon cherry preserves, a banana and a few strawberries. Just what I wanted, something big but not too big.

I ate this while finishing the current book I was reading, now I'm all out of books to read! I think I might stop by the bookstore today after grocery shopping before work today. I always love having a book to read!

It's just running, shopping and work again for me today- I work every day until my last day next Wednesday. Luckily I have some things planned in between all my working; Saturday I have a whole night planned with a friend, Sunday is father's day (I get to show my dad his surprise!) I have Monday and Wednesday evenings off... and then it's Italy prep time! It's all coming so fast, I'm so excited but so nervous, too!! It will be here before I know it, I'm sure.

I recently found out I'll be staying in an apartment in Italy, so chances are there will not be internet in the apartment, but there will be internet at the school I'll be going to. I'm going to try to do a blog post daily- I hope I will be able to! If not, I promise every couple of days, with as many pics as I can manage, and lots of long, delicious descriptions of my lovely meals! I guess we'll see how it all works out. I can't wait to share with you my Italian eating adventures!

No comments: