Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Monday, June 2, 2008

Sunny afternoon, colorful dinner

I got to enjoy plenty of sun this afternoon- I went for my run (my usual hilly 4 mile route), then took the dog into the yard to play for a bit before having a little treat of two PB&J cookies and a pear for a snack.

Later, when my Mom got home we walked up the street to the puppy store to buy Kahlua- get this- Paul Mitchell doggie shampoo. Yes, the hairstylist. Yes, it was expensive. But only the best for our little pup! Hehe
We walked about 30 minutes, and I came home and made dinner afterwards.
For dinner tonight I made another tester recipe from Lindsay, the Happy Herbivore's upcoming cookbook- Chana Palak Masala.
I am a big fan of Indian foods, so this meal was absolutely delicious, and combined a lot of my favorite veggies, spices and beans- plus it was sooo simple to make! I love it, I'll definately be making it again. I actually made enough to have leftovers for work dinners twice this week, and I'm glad I did! I'm sure it will be even better once the spices all meld together.
I had my serving over some brown rice, with a few baby carrots for crunch.


Delicious dinner, warm day... I'm happy! And... tonight I'm going out with a few other friends to see Sex and the City, AGAIN! I'm so excited to see it again, I loved it =)

2 comments:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Ooh that Chana Palak Masala is one of my new favorites too... I think I've already made it four times!

Anonymous said...

mmm yes, this is delish! so jealous that you've got leftovers :)