Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back in the south

Yesterday and today have been nice, relaxing days back here in San Demetrio. Yesterday morning I snacked on some nuts in class, and then after we had a whole long lesson on the passato prossimo, a few of my friends and I decided to go to Dante's for lunch. I got my favorite Dante dish, potatoes and peppers sauteed in olive oil, and a fresh green salad dressed with balsamic vinegar. It was perfectly filling, and fueled me for a couple hours of studying.

After doing some work, Danielle and I decided to take a nice walk on the mountain again; I snacked on a big pretzel before we left. It was a great walk- we got super sweaty and it felt great to get in some more good exercise after such a lazy weekend on the bus. On our way back, we found a grove of pear trees and snagged a couple fresh pears for a snack!

A while later, on our way to check our emails, we also had gelato cones- it was too hot to pass up a cool treat!

Dinner was alright- the pasta, farfalle with zucchini, was so incredible I ate my whole plate! We also had risotto balls (I only ate 3/4 of one) and vegetable fritatta, which I ate all of. I was pretty full afterwards, but I still had a small gelato they gave us for dessert! We hung out at fusion for a while talking to some locals, and got to bed for a good night's sleep. It was a bit of a chilly night in Calabria, SO refreshing after these hot days!

For breakfast this morning we were out of fruit, so I just had some muesli and coffee yogurt, before stopping at the fruttivendolo before class. During class I had a couple granola cookies to hold me over. I ran some errands after class, it's been nice and warm but not too hot, great to walk around in!

It was just a relaxing day here, we stopped at Dante's again for big salads and fresh bread for lunch, with a tiny square of dark chocolate for dessert. In the early afternoon I snacked on a nectarine and some pretzels before doing a 20 minute core yoga session.

I had more gelato on my way here- another cone, I love my afternoon cones! They're refreshing, yummy, and since the gelato is home made of milk and no creme, and all fresh ingrediants at Stilla- they make a good snack that holds me over.

Gotta love treats with benefits =)

Tonight we have another cooking lab, the rest of the week should be much busier than these last couple of days!!

2 comments:

newcitygirl said...

It sounds like you are having a blast! I wish I could eat gelato everyday!

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

Sounds like you are having a blast!!! if you have any questions ever with the italian you can ask me- i speak and write fluently and have been an italian tutor for years!! good luck!