Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Nonstop

Andiamo, Andiamo, Andiamo!

We have been going, going, going here in Italy- it's been a great time but NONSTOP! This is another quick post, because I have a paper to write before we're off to Acris to learn about mushrooms and have dinner at a local Pizzeria.

Making gelato was awesome- we made a non-milk sorbetto with figs, lemon, fruitti di bosco (berry), ciocollata, and straciatella (my favorite!) I had a couple pieces of chocolate and a few almonds during the process- but I was SO tired, I was hardly even awake when I was whipping egg whites and peeling figs!!

We went to dinner afterwards, I had Linguini with pesto sauce, which I LOVE so I ate 3/4 of... the rest of the group had Linguini con frutti di mare... which was a lot of clams and squid- not my cup of tea, but they made for some cool photographs!

I also had 4 out of the 5 pomodoro mozzarellas, some grilled eggplant and zucchini, and a small piece of fresh bread. Dessert was ice cream, but I couldn't even think about gelato because I was so COLD... so we ended the night with tiny pastries from Stilla and a tiny pour of red wine instead.

This morning I woke up bright and early, and had some muesli with coconut yogurt, a HUGE apricot, and had a caffe at Bar Centrale before heading to class.

We have ANOTHER test tomorrow- luckily it won't be as hard as last one- last one was probably the most challenging I've taken. I got an 88, which isn't too good in my book, but I've been doing well on projects so it should make up for it.
During class I had an apple and a granola cracker, and after a quick trip to the supermercato after class we went home to make lunch.

Lunch today was light and healthy, another salad with carrots and garlic olive oil, lupini beans, olives, and tomato with mozarella.

I also had an herbed pretzel while writing out notecards... and a tiny piece of dark chocolate my friend offered me!!

I'm off to Acris, I promise pictures will be up soon!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, making gelato must have been awesome! I love hearing about all of the food and other great experiences you're having in Italy :) and 88 is NOT bad at all!!! :) Have a great day Kristin!

Simple and Divine said...

Cant wait to see/hear more! Enjoy your day and best of luck on your test!!! And remember this trip is so much more about yourexperience than your A-/B+

Alicia said...

Reading your posts abt Italy makes me wish I was there as well :) I have to go back for a holiday as I had horrid food when I last visited.