Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Friday, August 8, 2008

Fishy surprises

Tonight my mom brought home a couple coastline surprises... fresh scallops, which I made with dinner, and stuffies!
These are another one of my favorite New England once-in-a-summer treats. I was glad she had the idea to bring them home!

For dinner itself, I pan-seared the scallops, and marinated them in a olive oil/thyme/balasmic vinegar mix. I also made roasted rosemary potatoes and steamed squash&zucchini ribbons. It all worked really well together!

We went out to do some school shopping for a while, and when we came home we all sat down to watch a movie and have our stuffies as a night time snack. For those of you who have not yet discovered the delicious wonder of stuffies, they are clam/quahog shells stuffed with a seasoned clam/breadcrumb stuffing. (Some include meat, the kind we get from the fish market do not.) Worth every bite, let me tell you!

I'm sorry this post is so short... I'm super exhausted, and ready to hop into bed as soon as possible! I have a couple plans for tomorrow; running with my sister and my friend is taking me to a Powwow in the afternoon, which I've never been to so that should be interesting for sure!

No comments: