Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Friday, August 22, 2008

In between

My friend just dropped me back home, so I'm taking a minute for some quick blogging before I head off to work!

This morning I went for a 40-minute walk around my neighborhood before coming back home and spending about 30 minutes doing a new strength routine I found in the new Self Magazine. I thought it was a great full body routine, definately challenging... I think this might be a good workout for convenience when I don't have time to concentrate on one body part every day and am only able to workout a few times a week. I'll see how it works!
After my exercise, I had a quick bowl of grapes before getting ready to meet Katrina.

We took the drive up to Fresh City, our second favorite meeting place, for lunch! When we got there I immediately dug into the cinnamon pita chip basket... I can never resist! I had about 5 chips.

For lunch, I ordered an Italian-inspired Tuscany Wrap, which was filled with fresh lettuce, tomato, mozzarella and roasted red peppers; usually in a balsamic viniagrette but I chose my favorite fat free savory viniagrette instead. It was delicious, and HUGE- but I devoured most of it, only leaving a bit of wrap left. I was hungry!


I'm full now, hopefully I'll stay full for a while; I brought a quick snack to have before work- a Balance Pure bar.

For a work dinner, I needed something easy, so I packed a Tuna Creations pack (Hickory Smoked) along with a leftover wheat ciabatta roll and some sliced peppers/carrots. This should be a good quick meal at work!


I'm off to the store now... I've got to leave early otherwise I risk getting stuck in beach traffic! Yikes! I can't wait until thats over soon!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Your lunch looked amazing!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I just received the new issue of SELF as well!! Wonderful issue, as always.

Ahh, I used to LOVE Fresh City!! Great place.