Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Mmm....

I can not get over the deliciousness of the dinner I just made!
Once again, Isa rocked my taste buds with her delicious Orecciete with tomatoes and kalamata tapenade from VWAV... SO.DARN.GOOD!!!

I used orecciete straight from Italia, and followed the recipe to a tee; it came out as perfect as can be! I had a big 1 1/2 cup serving along with a sprinkle of parmesean, and my mom and I both had a small glass of red wine to go with our delicious pasta meal!

As a side, I introduced my mom to one of my favorites- steamed artichoke! I steamed it in water seasoned with italian seasonings and lemon, and dipped it in a bit of olive oil based margarine. With only 60 calories, 4g protein and 6g fiber in a whole steamed artichoke... the filling, tasty fruit can't be beat!

I was totally full and satisfied after this meal, just how I like it!

This afternoon I worked out for a while, I ran 25 minutes outside, and then did 20 minutes of arms and legs, and a few minutes of walking before showering. I had a nectarine for a snack, and then I went into town with my mom searching for my favorite Calabrian wine, Ciro Bianco (still no luck), and we grabbed some fresh olives for my tapenade. While at the store I also picked up a special greek feta filled olive (one of my favorite little indulgences!) to have as a pre dinner appetizer.

Tonight I'm laying low, I'm tired for being out so late last night!

Edited to add: I had a bit of a late night snack a couple hours later, a bowl of pineapple chunks and a couple pieces of left over PB cookie crumbles! Satisfied my sweet tooth perfectly!

G'nite!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Kristin your food always looks amazing. THe chickpea pasta, stuffed eggplant and the orchietta all make my mouth water. Where do you get these great recipes?

Kristin said...

Melissa,
The chickpea pasta and stuffed eggplant recipes are recipes I learned in Italy, and either wrote down or remembered off hand. The orrecchiette itself is from Italy (the best there is!) but the recipe is from Vegan with a Vengeance. I promise I'll post my eggplant & chickpea recipes soon!