Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Morning madness

Whew! That was a lot for one morning!
I woke up bright and early, and headed out with my mom and sis to go to breakfast with my cousins, a fun before-school-starts tradition! We went to Crazy Burger, but no, I did not order the mushroom burger for breakfast (Although it was very tempting!). I built my own omelet, asking for egg whites, goat cheese, broccoli and sauteed mushrooms. It came with fruit which I ate all of, and toast, which I didn't touch (it was a bit burnt), but I ate a good amount of my mom's homefries (they're the best at crazy burg! not greasy at all!) and a bite of my cousin's french toast. Of course, I ate all of my delicious omelet with some Crazy Burger home-made ketchup!

Mid-morning my stomach was feeling a bit empty, so I had a larabar to hold me until my late lunch.

I'm glad I had my snack, because it was hours before I could pull together a quick lunch- I spent all morning taking my cousins' senior pictures (they're twins!), which came out very pretty, I hope they like the results!
When I got home, I wanted something FAST because I was starving, so I threw together an Amy's California veggie burger on an Ezekiel english muffin with 1 slice of provolone, some fresh spinach and honey mustard. On the side I had the usual; grapes and some carrot sticks. It was exactly the quick, filling lunch I needed for a nice burst of energy!

Today is my rest day for exercise, although I may go for a bit of a walk later, depending on how I feel. I didn't get too much sleep last night so I'm a bit tired!

Tonight is going to be a less-than-healthy dinner, but it is definately a New England summertime tradition I just can NOT pass up! You'll see my beachside indulgences later on tonight =)
Right now, I'm treating myself to a bit of relaxing reading time before I have to get ready to leave for my sister's game! What a busy day!!