Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Monday, August 18, 2008

A new summer favorite

I think I've found my favorite summer dish- Cavatappi Nicoise from Cooking Light.
I made this a couple weeks ago, and have been craving it ever since!
I serve it warm or cold (for lunches), and it's such a light, filling, healthy dish that makes me smile, inside and out! It reminds me of the mediterranean, and is just so quick and easy to make. Perfect for a quick dinner, and great for leftovers.

The recipe makes four servings, and I made all 4 servings tonight; two for my mom and sister and two for myself; one for dinner and one for my work lunch tomorrow! I also had a handful of baby carrots on the side for some extra veggies. Deeelicious!

This afternoon, I did 20 minutes of ab exercises, and took about a mile and a half walk with my mom and my sister. It wasn't too strenuous, but it was a good walk nonetheless. After exercising I had a protein shake made with 1 cup soymilk and a scoop of Jay Robb's chocolate powder, and a small handful of cashews.


Tonight I'm planning on going to my friend Evie's for a while, it's her 20th birthday so of course we have to celebrate! I won't be staying out as late as usual though, that's for sure.

No comments: