Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Monday, August 4, 2008

Picture-less

Mi dispiace!
I got to dinner tonight, and realized I left my camera, ready to go in it's case, on my counter! We were too far to go back, so you'll have to rely on my fabulous descriptions instead!

This afternoon after doing some shopping and going on a nice 40 minute walk with my friend, I snacked on 3/4 cup 1% cottage cheese and a few honey roasted peanuts to hold me over, because we weren't having dinner until late.

It worked like a charm, I was hungry but not starving when we arrived a few hours later. We started by ordering a few appetizers; my mom and I shared cheese/risotto stuffed tomatoes (I ate 3/4) for an appetizer, and I had a few calamari in sauteed vegetables. For my entree, I ordered a favorite of mine; shrimp pesto!
It came in a HUGE plate/bowl, with a heaping portion of angel hair (I ate about 3/4-1cups worth, and half the shrimp pesto, which had a good amount, but not too much, pesto with pignoli nuts, olives, sundried tomatoes and mushrooms. I ate most of the veggies, half the shrimp, and saved the rest for tomorrow's lunch!

It was a great Italian meal, I finished it off with a tiny little sambuca mint, and I felt full but NOT overstuffed, which is always a good sign after a big meal- I let myself indulge but not go overboard =)

I'm sure I'm headed in for an early night tonight, well, semi-early. It's already almost 10! I've got an early morning tomorrow with my kids' class, so I've got to get my rest!

Buona Notte!

3 comments:

HangryPants said...

Hi Kristin, Sounds like a great meal!

I wanted to tell you that as part of my blog I am highlighting R.I. foods, brands, food traditions, etc., so if you think of anything let me know!

-Heather

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Glad that the meal was a hit! Hooray!

Kristin said...

Heather,
Thats a great idea!
I've talked a lot about some of MY favorite restaurants (Crazy Burger, Seven Moons), but definately include little R.I. quirks, like our own clam chowder, Del's lemonade, Coffee milk (I make it with soy milk!), Brickley's ice cream... We've got a lot of nice foodie treats in our little state!