Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dawn to dusk

It has been one thing after another today; morning to night!
I woke up at the crack of dawn, had 1/2 a pb clif bar and headed out for a glorious 25 minute run around the neighborhood.
When I got back, I made myself a deeelicious smoothie to soothe my still-achy throat; the usual choco-berry banana way... heaping 1/2 cup frozen berries, 1 cup soymilk, a scoop of Jay Robb (only 1 scoop left! tear!) and a huge banana. Filled two huge cups and I finished them both.
I headed to work from 8-1. Mid-morning I got hungry so I had the other half of my PB clif, which held me until I had my leftovers for lunch.

Just over 1 cup Annie's whole wheat white cheddar shells with some broccoli.
After my first class I had my snacks I packed; a vanilla chobani and a nectarine.


Kinesiology was interesting; we spent most of the time working on taking blood pressure and heart rates at different points of activity. Writing was not so stimulating... my throat hurt like crazy so I basically spent the entire time popping all natural coughdrops and counting the minutes until class was over.

When classes were finally over, I sped home to pick up supplies and ran to Eric's house, where I made my boys one of my favorite Mexican dishes; Enchiladas! I used Jenna's recipe for Chicken Enchiladas, and I followed the recipe entirely. I thought they came out incredible, and the boys liked them too! I also made some mexican rice, using long grain white rice, black beans, red pepper, and a whole bunch of seasonings- garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, paprika, chili powder, cayenne, coriander and a bit of extra taco seasoning. This was very good- but both Nick and I decided it needs to be spicier next time!

After dinner I headed out with Tyler and Nick to a get together at Nick's friends' house. It was a good time, but I got back pretty late again... looks like another coffee-morning for me!

1 comment:

ChickPea said...

Look like great minds think alike: I also had Annie's whole wheat cheddar shells with broccoli today...weird.