Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Friday, September 26, 2008

Sicker and sicker

I am NOT feeling any better today, unfortunately. I woke up this morning with a headache and a runny nose on top of my sore throat... I was not excited about going to school today! Especially because it's gross and rainy out!
I contemplated skipping the gym, but then I thought about it and decided I would regret it if I didn't go to the gym; so I went and I was so glad I did! I felt instantly better, at least for a while.

Before I left I snacked on 1/2 a pb chocolate clif bar.

At the gym I did 30 minutes on the elliptical doing easy hills, followed by a 25 minute upper body routine in the free weight area. I did 2-3 sets of 15; tricep dips, overhead tricep pulls, tricep kickbacks, bicep curls, and 3 move moves I don't know how to name, plus 2 sets of 10- 50 lbs on the lat pulldown. I felt nice and refreshed after this workout, and a steamy hot shower!

I ate my breakfast on the way to school- my last to-go Kashi Go Lean, a plain 0% chobani and a cut cup pear. This pear was sooo juicy! Yum!

When I arrived at school I immediately grabbed a small coffee with a splash of soymilk, to make it through my morning classes!
Those first two hours seemed like they lasted forever... after 2 bottles of water and 5 or so coughdrops it was time for lunch/study time. I packed a wrap with my favorite artichoke kalamata hummus, some spinach and a slice of reduced fat provolone on a wheat wrap. I also had some carrots and an apple.

This was great to hold me through study time, and it lasted me until I had my snack- some dried cherries and raw almonds around 3.

Now I'm at home packing up my stuff to head to my parents' house for the night- I'm hanging out with my mom tonight, so I figured I might as well just catch my zzz's back at home and come back in the morning! We're having a "date night"; Sushi and a romance movie! Should be a great girly night, I need something light and relaxing after such a tough week! Have a great Friday night all!

**Umm... I'm so confused! I KNOW I took pics of all my meals today, and somehow I lost them!! I'm so sorry! I promise good sushi pics!**

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

GET WELL SOON!!!

Simple and Divine said...

Ugh I've been sick the past 3 days and it S.U.C.K.S.! But I'm def feelin better than I was the first day, so the sun's comin out in Julz's House :)

(PS) YOU DON'T WANT TO WATCH THE DEBATES?!?!?!

Danielle said...

Hope you start feeling better soon! Especially enough to enjoy sushi tonight :)