Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Running to Rest

I have been running around all day, trying to get everything done so I can relax and rest, finally!
I spent the day running errands; this morning I headed to my parents where I did my weekly 3.5 mile run around the neighborhood, and had a quick snack of a blueberry chobani before I left to go shopping.

Here are my groceries for the week: mostly produce and dairy, not much new besides the new flavors of kashi bars. And I got my favorite Flax Plus waffles! (They were a splurge; a whole 50 cents more than the Kashi ones!!)


I came home and made what I was craving; a mushroom, spinach and feta omelette with salt and pepper, two veggie sausage links and a nectarine. It hit the spot, and all the protein filled me up well!


At work, I snacked on a Kashi Roll bar- it was a good flavor, but I think I like the caramel and oatmeal ones the best.

For dinner I just packed some leftover shrimp scampi and carrots.

This was good for my last few hours, which I spent studying anatomy with... get this... a halloween skull! I kid you not. I am one of a kind, I'm sure, but it was really helpful to use the skull to pick out the different parts of the brain, hopefully it helps me pass my quiz on Monday!!

When I got home, my sweet tooth was aching so I had a deliciously indulgent snack- my favorite Zen Soy Pudding, chocolate flavor of course, and a few grapes. This was the perfect late night snack!

I'm all ready to curl up and go to bed... right after I drop my roommate off at a party I am not attending, I'm way too exhausted for that! Time to rest!

See you all in the a.m!

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Enjoy your restful evening!

Unknown said...

That omelette looks very professional and i love mushrooms and goat cheese i think it is a great combo!

Kristin said...

Thanks, Thats two compliments on my omelet in one day! My best friend. who was staying over, saw it and said "Wow that looks good. I want one!" So I made her one too, and we had identical omelets for lunch!