Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Monday, November 17, 2008

Easy as a stir fry

Besides an omelette, stir-fries are my favorite quick, easy way to get a fast meal filled with protein, veggies and grains!
I just finished my LAST ANATOMY LAB (besides the final practical) so I was pretty much jumping up and down in excitement when I was making my dinner! And I was suuuuper hungry, so I needed something ASAP!

My dinner tonight was a Chicken Broccoli Brown Rice Stirfry. I'm not a big fan of processed foods, but frozen meats and veggies are so convienent! And the kinds I used were minimally processed. So, I threw a big handful of frozen diced chicken and a big handful of frozen broccoli spears in the pan with some chopped white onion, a bit of canola oil, added some chicken broth, a splash of tamari (added more towards the end!), rice wine vinegar, garlic powder, and a pinch of ginger. Towards the end I added 1 cup cooked brown rice, heated it all together and voila! A delicious dinner in under 20 minutes.

Perfectly satisfying, although not too big so I'm sure I'll be looking for a snack a bit later.

Let me back track to today's eats...

I woke up early to go to the gym this morning; so pre-workout was the usual 1/2 clif bar, and breakfast was my on the go combo- 1 cup Quaker oat squares, a banana and a 0% chobani.

For lunch I made a salad with a bunch of veggies- romaine, spinach, radicchio, tomato and orange pepper, and topped it with 1 60-oz can of drained tuna mixed with 1 tbsp light Italian dressing. I also had some carrots and an apple.

It filled me up for the afternoon, and then I had my snack before lab:

This was really, really good- but I still think the cinnamon ones are my favorite!

What a day. Lots of work, I really didn't take a break all day- but theres no time for a break now either- I still have an English paper to re-write, and some Anatomy outlining to do because my test is a week from today; and I want to watch Heroes at 9!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I <3 stir fry, AND omelettes for that matter!

I have not seen those Pure Protein bars ANYWHERE! Where do you find them?

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

HOORAY FOR FINISHING YOUR LAST ANATOMY LAB!!! WHOO HOO!!! :-D

Mmm, lovin' all the vegetables & fruit!!

Olga said...

I totally agree with you on stir-fries...I love making them, so easy, fast and convenient!

Congrats on finishing your anatomy labs! woo!

Kristin said...

Jenngirl,
I found them at Stop and Shop in the nutritional section; not the normal bar section! If you can find them, definitely try them!

Anonymous said...

they make pure protein bars in cinnamon?

jess said...

last lab??? Awesome!

And your salad looks So colorful, you always make your food look So appetizing- it's a gift!

Kristin said...

Loveofoats,
YES! You must try them, they taste like cinnamon buns!

Jess,
You are too sweet! I figure the prettier my food the more fun it is to eat ;)