Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Holiday Indulgences

Wow, for a group of nutrition gals we sure can eat up those treats!

I have to admit, I definitely did my share of holiday indulging tonight... maybe a bit too much... but like I always say, I let myself go crazy every once in a while and make sure I stay active and healthy 90% of the rest of the time!!

On the way home from studying at school I got the munchies and the open bag of mint m&ms my roommate bought were calling my name! I had a couple small handfuls before I got home and began making my salad.

I threw together a field green salad with apple, pecans, red onion, dried cranberries and goat cheese! I brought some Annie's Raspberry Viniagrette and it was fab!! I snacked on a bit of each of the ingredients because my tummy was growling while making it!


This wasn't really a picture-friendly party- it was mostly snacky type foods. For appys I had a couple wheat crackers with port wine and provolone cheeses, a couple carrots and some tositos with bean dip. For my 'meal' I had some salad, pasta salad, and 1/2 a piece of multigrain baguette. We ate off of salad plates so portions were in control!

Desserts, on the other hand... were not so in control! I couldn't help myself, they were all so good! I had a bite of everything- a bite of meringe, a no-bake cookie (awesome!) a tiny brownie, a sliver of cookie cake and a few pieces of monkey bread because it was sooo yummy! I also grabbed another small no-bake cookie on the way out ;)

Phew, I am FULL... not hurting stuffed, but filled to the brim for sure. We had a lot of fun chatting about classes and the holidays, and it was a great way to celebrate the end of classes!!

I suspect I may be hungry a bit later because I did have mostly desserts and only a small dinner... I'll letya know if I'm feeling snacky! I'll be back on track tomorrow for sure, but this was definitely worth it!

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Can't go wrong with delicious indulgences :-)