Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Monday, December 15, 2008

Last week 'home' and 52 things

My beach house really does feel likehome to me now... as much as I love my parents, I have loved living on my 'own' (well, with my fun roomie and frequent visiting bf) these past few months... I'm sure I'm going to be a bit anxious staying at the 'rents house more than one night at a time next week!

I started my last week 'home' off right this morning- I got a good night's sleep, because Nick is sick so we both decided just to relax and watch a movie last night so I got to bed fairly early. I woke up at 6:45 like usual, had 1/2 a clif bar and headed to the Y for a nice workout. 30 minutes of hills on the elliptical, 30 minutes doing arm strengthening- I'm up to 10 reps of 12 pounds now, my goal is 10-12 reps of 15 lbs by the end of January!

I stopped at Tim Horton's on the way home for a Hazelnut coffee (black) and then made my way to the house to make myself a big "mess" for breakfast... looks crazy, but it was sooooo good!

~1 cup 0% chobani, 1/2 cup Barbara's shredded wheat, 1/2 cup Kashi Vive, a big banana and a dollop of raspberry preserves. Mm, mm, mmm!

Plans today include studying, making some cookie dough, studying more, and then baking the dough... I also have a delish dinner planned for this evening!

And introducing... 52 things
As I have mentioned previously, I was running one morning when I started thinking, "Wow, I can't believe how quickly this year has gone by!" So many things have happened since January, this has truly been one of the best years of my life. So, I decided in honor of the closing of 2008, I'd take the number 52... for 52 weeks in a year, and remember some of the hilights from '08 and plan some of my goals for '09.
I plan on posting every other day until Christmas- the first installment being today with 10 things I've learned about myself in 2008...
When I post, I want everyone to tell me something THEY'VE learned about themselves in 2008!
Thought it would be something new and different, a fun way to reminisce =)

Post will be up soon!

Have a great Monday everyone!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hooray for feeling at home!! I feel the same way about what I revealed in the videos on my current blog post :-)

Something I've learned about myself in 2008 = my determination IS paying off, so I need to stop being so hard on myself.

Taylor said...

Yeah, the breakfast actually looks really dlish! :)