Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Just won't quit

I hate to sound like such a downer who's always complaining but my body just has not given me a break lately! Today I developed the worst toothache... I HATE going to the dentist but I'll definitely have to get this one checked out. Ouch! Luckily some advil and I'm feelin' ok for now, plus a soft treat to make me feel better:

Of course I did eat something other than froyo topped with cookie today!
Timing was a bit off again because again, I thought I'd be delayed by the snow. But I had a nice breakfast at the house- my usual oatbran combo with 1/2 cup oatbran, 1 cup skim milk, 1 tsp ghee, a banana and some brown sugar and cinnamon sprinkled on top.

Held me through my quick workout- 30 and 30; 30 minutes on the elliptical, 30 doing arms. When I was done with my workout and showering, I snacked on some almonds on the way to school. As soon as class ended I hopped over to the library to do some studying and have the rest of my lunch. I packed a tuna wrap, which was way too messy to photograph! But, under the mysterious foil wrapper, it contained a Wrap-itz low-carb wheat wrap filled with 3 oz chunk light tuna, 1 tbsp nayonaise, a squirt of spicy mustard, salt, pepper, 1 stalk celery and 1 medium carrot, chopped up. It was very good, and along with the grapes I had on the side held me over a solid 3 hours until my snack.

I was pretty hungry around snack time though, I had this vanilla chobani I had packed:

along with my "emergency date" because I was so hungry! No photo, just two bites and luckily the fiber held me through writing class. I am really enjoying this class! I love creative writing, so this seems like more fun than schoolwork, which is a huge plus!

Back home, Nick helped me start to prepare dinner- I used some frozen & defrosted lean beef chunks mixed with some red & green bell pepper and sliced onion sauteed in a bit of evoo, cumin, cayenne and garlic for beef fajitas I had two small (6") wraps filled with the mix:

Plus I added some extras- salsa, reduced fat cheese, and sour cream to dip! I only used about 1/2 the sour cream pictured.

They were good, and very filling- of course you saw I went back for a snack a couple hours later ;)

I am very anxious for this week to be over. I just have not been myself lately, and I'm feeling sort of bad about it- taking out my frustrations on Nick and my roommate. I need to get healthy and happy again!! I'm all sorts of out of whack. Hopefully the rest of the week will go smoothly, and I can have some fun this weekend, and nice week next week before we go away for the weekend. All I can do is hope&some yoga!!

Have a nice night all!

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Ahh, I'm praying for your full recovery, Kristin!! Hang in there!!