Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Monday, March 23, 2009

Adjusting

Good afternoon, and Happy Monday!

I hope the latter half of your weekends went well- unfortunately with my move, as I mentioned before my posts are not going to be as frequent, but they will be as detailed as usual!

Let me start out by saying Thank you all for your entries into my Quaker Contest- remember, you still have until tomorrow at 9 p.m.!!!

Onto the food…

Saturday night after dinner, my mom offered to bring myself, Alison and Vinny up to Brickley’s- my favorite home made ice cream shop just up the street from my house. It was COLD for ice cream, but being that it had just opened on the first day of spring, we were dying to hop back on the Brickley’s train! I had a small my two favorites- half black raspberry chip frozen yogurt and half cookie dough.

Sunday morning I woke up EARLY… 5:30 early! I was preparing to shower and head out early to pick Nick up from the sailing center, then have breakfast later, but his plane was delayed an hour so I hung out and had breakfast at home instead before picking him up. I made myself a yummy warm bowl of Cinnamon Raisin Ezekiel cereal (3/4 cup) with ¾ cup nonfat soy milk, and a sliced banana mixed in.

It held me well throughout the morning, when I picked up Nick all he wanted were some Crazy Burger homefries (yea, they’re that good!) so we stopped there and I had a pineapple-orange juice while he enjoyed his coffee and potatoes.

I did have to work, as usual, the day went by seemingly slower than usual because I knew Nick was back home and I wanted to see him for more than an hour in the morning! But, I made it through =)

My snack for the day was a Pear Apple Strudel Clif bar- split ½ mid-morning and ½ mid afternoon.

For lunch I packed a Trader Joe’s meal and some grapes. The meal was really good, but it was white rice instead of brown, so I felt like I was missing out on some nutrients because dinner was a simple grain as well…

Jenna’s 4-cheese stuffed shells!


Indulgent, but absolutely worth it. I used low fat cheeses and lean beef to lighten it up, and I followed her recipe exactly except I replaced the spinach for peas (Nick hates spinach). Since this recipe serves about 10, I shared with Danielle and Matt, who enjoyed it as well! Of course I still had leftovers for lunch today!
My portion:


After dinner, Danielle and I watched Twilight “with” Matt and Nick (a.k.a they played video games and we watched the movie)… none of us were overly impressed with it. I liked the book much better!

For a movie treat, Danielle made some banana coconut smoothies using smoothie mix, bananas, ice and low fat milk. Perfect ending to my Sunday!

This morning I got up and headed to the gym like I do every Monday. I’m sad break is over, but it feels good to get back into routine. For breakfast before I left I made ½ cup oatbran with 1 cup nonfat soy milk, a tsp of ghee and a sliced banana.

At the gym I did my usual 35 minutes on the elliptical and 35 minutes of arm strength. I’m back to using my usual heavier weights, so it felt good!

After the gym I headed to school for class.

We finished up the Carbohydrate chapter (tear) in Sports Nutrition, but now we're onto my FAVORITE subject... protein! So it was a good class =)

When I got to the library after class I immediately headed to the micro to heat up my leftovers for lunch (and some carrots for more carotenoid-power!)

Just as good as last night!

For snacks, I packed a light cheese stick I had before Nutrition, and a vanilla Chobani and a nectarine I had to hold me over mid afternoon.


Thats all my food for now, I'm planning a Zesty Cook recipe tonight, so I'll be posting how that turns out tomorrow! Have a great rest of day/night!

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Loooove the ice cream and stuffed shells!!

Can't wait to which zesty recipe you try - his recipes are all great!!

Anonymous said...

Ooo those stuffed shells look delicious! I want some! haha. Glad you had a good rest of the weekend!!

~Michelle

Not Another Omnivore said...

That ice cream looks great and it sounds like you had a really nice end to the weekend!

NAOmni