Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Just as crazy

Wednesday is past, and the end of the week is upon us! So far, it has been just as busy as expected, and it turns out this weekend will be just as crazy! I can’t wait for it all to slow down, I am about to burn out!

Last night after class I met up with my dad, and our shopping trip took much longer than expected, so I had to rush to grab a couple of groceries, rush back to my parents’ house, where I had a weak moment and gobbled up a couple of handfuls of leftover Whopper’s Eggs from Easter while I was gathering my stuff, and then rushed back to Nick’s to make dinner.

Luckily, the meal was fairly simple, I took the easy way with the rice- trying out Uncle Ben’s new Whole Grain Medleys, so it only took 2 minutes to cook the rice and I could spend the rest of my time on the barbeque rubbed pork chops and steamed green beans. I used center cut bone-in pork chops, and a variety of spices from a recipe in Cooking Light to prepare the pork, which came out moist and amazing. Honestly didn’t take much time at all, and even though there was something like 10 spices, I had them all on hand. I would make this one again for sure! Nick loves pork so he was more than happy I made it.

No dessert last night, dinner filled me up and I think my early evening mini-binge was enough sweets for the night.

I got a good night’s rest, and today I woke up early to head to the gym. I did 30 minutes on the stat bike and 25 minutes of lower body.

Before I left I had ½ a chocolate chip clif bar, and I’ll probably have the other half later for a snack. I packed the usual banana, 0% chobani and trail mix for breakfast on the go.


For lunch, I used the last of my turkey for a Sammie with a light laughing cow, spicy brown mustard and 2 slices all natural turkey on a whole wheat sandwich thin. I had some quite orange sides- a big orange and some carrots. I’ve definitely got my Vitamin C and A all set for the day!

I’ve got some studying to do this afternoon, and then I’m going BACK to the parents’ house to do a couple things I didn’t have time for last night, make dinner (an old favorite!) and get some stuff done at the house. Whew, busy busy busy.

Have a great Thursday! My last full week of classes is ALMOST over! Are any of you almost done as well?

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I can't wait to be done soon. Just about a little over a week left for me, till I'm done done done!
And I really need to get my hands on Cooking Light magazines. =P

Anonymous said...

I'm kinda almost done! I have all of next week, and two days the following week..then finals week! Ahh so I guess not so much haha. But after those ridiculous two days of class, the worst is behind me! Only one written final, everything else is due sooner! Sweet!

Good luck with everything!!

Michelle