Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Two down, two to go

Well, my portfolio is handed in, my practical is over (phew, I can breathe now)... so now I just have two multiple-choice exams left, and I'm done for the semester! It doesn't seem like exam week, maybe because I'm trying to take on my exams in a calm, organized manner to avoid stress... and it's working so far.

Last night I did some reviewing, and had a snack- an Apple Pie Stonyfield organic yogurt sprinkled with some heart to heart for some crunch. It was good, very apple-y, but I honestly didn't think it was sweet enough to be called "pie"... oh well. I'd eat it again, maybe adding some graham crackers to make it really like pie.

This morning I needed a hearty filling breakfast to hold me through my workout and 11am practical, with only a small snack. I went for a bag of Bob's Red Mill Muesli , and put 1/2 cup muesli and 1/2 cup soy milk in the fridge overnight. Unfortunately when I woke up the oats hadn't soaked as much as I had hoped... but it was still good, just a little more watery. I added 1 0% chobani cup and a sliced banana in the morning for lots of flavor and creaminess. I topped it with a dollop of raspberry preserves. It was delicious!

For a snack, I grabbed a babybel light that I had right after the gym- my usual elliptical/arm routine, switched to Tuesday this week because I got to run yesterday! I'm hoping I'll be able to run more this week- the weather isn't looking to great!

After my practical, I headed to Bagelz to dig into my lunch and start to study.
I packed a ham sammie with organic honey ham, spicy brown mustard and a light laughing cow on a whole wheat sandwich thin. I packed lots of vitamin c-and-a filled sides- carrot sticks and a blood orange.

For a snack later this afternoon, I'm trying a new Raw bar- chocolate coconut. I'll let you know what I think!


Speaking of raw foods, I recently decided to join Jenna in her Mat Raw Challenge. But because of my crazy schedule, I won't be able to eat raw on Wednesdays necessarily, so I'm modifying it to my own life- having 1 raw meal and 1 raw snack per week. This is my raw snack for the day, and I'll feature the meal soon! I'm excited to try this, because I find raw eating very interesting, but never thought of trying it myself- I thought it would be too hard. I'll see how hard it really is!

That brings me to less nutritious matters...
For dinner at work I packed this meal-

I grabbed this one sale without glancing at anything but the "healthy" classification and the steamed feature. BUT after some observation it has a bit more processed ingredients than I'd like it to have- but I need to use what I have, and it was convienent, so I'll let you all know how it was anyway.

That's all for today, I've got lots of studying to do and then work, so I'll check back tomorrow after my exam!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! Good luck with the raw eating! Sounds great! And that museli looks YUMMY!

Anonymous said...

Ooh chocolate coconut raw bar? That sounds awesome :) Good luck with all the finals!