Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Monday, May 4, 2009

You can have it all, just not all at once.

I am loving Naturally Thin.

In it, Bethenny talks about her second "rule" for being Naturally Thin, you can have it all, just not all at once.

I thought I practiced this well today.
Because of my previous experiences with under-eating and over-eating I keep emphasizing the fact that balance is incredibly important for me to maintain. With this philosophy, I can eat whatever I want- just not tons and tons of it. There's no deprivation, but there's no bingeing either.

Today I wasn't hungry after lunch, so I didn't eat. Step 1 to balance- not eating just because "I think I should". Then I did get hungry at my work orientation- so I had a small handful of mixed nuts, which provided enough protein and healthy fats to keep me satiated throughout.

A couple hours later, I headed to school to hand in my portfolio. There were snacks, and lots of them! Chips, munchkins, cookies, donuts, and the cookies I brought. I knew I REALLY wanted another one of my cookies, so I had one. I also wanted munchkins, because I haven't had them in ages. So I took two, one of each kind, just a taste. And that was what I had. What I wanted, but not one of everything! I wanted another cookie, but realized I didn't REALLY want it that much. So I held off.

And I was perfectly hungry enough to enjoy my delicious, healthy meal I made back at home.

Because of all the craziness lately with school, moving and such, I haven't had a chance to try the latest Foodbuzz Tastemakers sample-

I LOVE mushrooms, and if you haven't noticed, I LOVE Italian food... so I knew this was right up my alley!

The package said 1 cup was a serving, 2 in the package. So I split the package in half, then topped the cooked ravioli with about 1/4 cup white beans for extra protein, 1/2 cup tomato basil pasta sauce for flava, and some freshly steamed artichokes drizzled in lemon juice and dusted with sea salt and black pepper.

The perfect portion, a wonderful, filling dish. The calories are fairly light (320 calories/serving) for ravioli, but the fat was a bit high- 14 grams, then again, one portion filled me so that was ok. I thought the ravioli was delicious- the filling was very creamy, and each ravioli was chock full of the tasty mushroom-y goodness. I would definitely eat this again. Yum! Thanks, Foodbuzz!

I'm kind of hanging out now, I did some studying earlier but I'm going to do some more tonight before packing up my bags and reading before bed. I need to relax; I'm quite nervous for my practical tomorrow!

No comments: