Kristin

My photo
Rhode Island, United States

Sunday, June 14, 2009

An even happier Sunday

Good morning!! 

I apologize for being MIA yesterday... but the dinner went much longer than expected and then we picked Nick up from his parents' hotel right after, so I didn't get a chance to post!! 

Here's a quick recap of my day yesterday: 

My mom and I had a nice trip to Target and Trader Joe's! I found some Champion Trail Running shoes at Target for only $27.99 which will be perfect for camp! They're no asics, but they're better than my old beat up sneakers! 

Before we left we stopped at the Picnic Basket for lunch. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera! I never do that! But I got the same thing I get every time- my alltime favorite sandwich, the Ed-wich! Honey roasted turkey, fresh mozarella cheese, roasted red peppers, lettuce, tomato and honey mustard on basil foccacia. Delicious! I also had a pickle and a few BBQ soy crisps while we were waiting for our sammies. 

Trader Joes was a success, as usual- I got a lot of fun things to try that I will feature very soon! 

Back home, I had a couple snacks before I got ready for my aunt's president's dinner. 

A few figs and a piece of my sister's dried mango: 

Half a serving of TJ's PB pretzels! 

The dinner was great. I had a lot of fun with my cousins- 

don't they look cute? =) 

My Aunt was honored as the 134th President of the RIPA (Rhode Island Pharmacist's association) from 2008-2009. My grandpa was the President in 1975-1976! 


My Aunt, the newest Past President, with her friend Margot, another past President! 

She also got two awards, which my cousins presented her with!

Congrats, Aunty Linda! 

And congrats to my friend from high school,  Nick, who was inducted as a student member! 

We started with some appetizers- I had a few pieces of fruit and veggies and a couple cheese cubes from a big platter, as well as a mini quiche and a stuffed mushroom. 



Dinner was great! Lots of flavors, lots of courses and it was all delicious! 

Italian Wedding Soup

Salad

Chicken Cordon Bleu, Baked potato, vegetables. 
I ate all of the vegetables and 3/4 of the chicken. Chicken Cordon Bleu is one of my all time favorites, as unhealthy as it is! I only had a bite of the potatoes- not worth it for me. 

This, however, was  very worth it: 

Chocolate mousse? Yes, please! 

We snuck out towards the end of the dinner, because Nick and his parents got in in record time, and we picked him up directly afterwards. 

This morning we woke up early to try and make it to a race we were going to walk... but it was way too rainy =( 
We had breakfast: 

Trader Joe's Muffins!

I ate the whole muffin, which was two servings, but both only equalled 220 calories and a whopping 6 grams of protein- great for a muffin!

I also had a banana to round out the meal- 

So now we're hanging out at home until we head out later, when it clears up!

I'm just glad I get to spend the day with this guy... 

Have a great one! I'll post again when I can! 

1 comment:

Janetha @ meals + moves said...

that is one fancy baked potato! sounds like a great night, congrats to your aunt!